The StudSensor™ stud finder is the 21st century incarnation of the original stud finder that Zircon introduced to the world in 1980. StudSensor™ quickly and easily locates the edges of wood and metal studs behind drywall. Use the StudSensor™ to mount flat-panel televisions on the wall, hang pictures and mirrors, and anchor top-heavy furniture such as bookcases.
- Locates the edge of wood or metal studs up to 3/4 inch (19 mm) deep
- Red LEDs light up every time a stud edge is approached
- An audio alert and green LED signals when the stud edge is reached
- Should scanning begin over a stud, Zircon's patented "over-the-stud" indicator alerts the user to start the scan in a new location
- Patented TruCal® technology calibrates to any wall's density and a steady green LED TruCal® light alerts the user when the tool is calibrated and ready to scan