Zircon Corporation, a global leader in consumer electronic hardware tools, is looking for strong Senior Manufacturing Engineer. The role will be reporting to President and COO. The ideal candidate will have a can-do attitude, ample program management and consumer product development experience, computer skills, ability to multi-task, and good oral and written communication skills.
- Review new designs for manufacturability
- Liaison between product development and manufacturing/contract manufacturer • Primary interface with the contract manufacturer
- Coordinate and release required documentation for
• Engineering Requirement Specification
• Prototype PCBs
• Panel drawings
• Assembly drawings
• Review vendor counter drawings for accuracy and release for samples
• Evaluate LCD samples
- Coordinate prototype builds
• Low volume SMT and thru-hole assemblies
• Initial design testing
• Design verification Test units
- Primary engineering interface for Design Verification Testing
• Review and approve test plans
• Support testing
• Review results and troubleshoot as required
- Modify existing designs to meet new form factor requirements
• Modify schematics as required
• Modify PCB layout as required
• Modify PCB panels as required
• Primary interface with Zircon manufacturing in Mexico
• Provide pre-production release and build support
• Provide support to resolve production issues as they arise
- 10 years experience manufacturing high volume consumer products
- Analog and digital circuits experience
- Expert knowledge in
• high volume PCB fabrication
• SMT PCBA
• Thru-hole PCBA
- Segmented LCD integration
- Significant experience integrating Microchip products
- Travel required
• Baja California 3-6 times a year
• China 1-2 times a year
Bonus Skills, but not required:
- Experience releasing UL approved products
- Injection molding process
- Video system design and integration
- Microsoft Project
Zircon designs, develops, manufactures, and markets high technology electronic tools for the do-it-yourself consumer and professional tradesman. Zircon tools can be found throughout the Americas, Europe, Asia, and Australia. Zircon remains the only company dedicated solely to electronic tools. Working at Zircon means you are working in a tight knit, congenial team where your contribution will make a difference and be noticed.
Job location: Campbell, CA.
Salary commensurate with experience.
Competitive benefits package.
Please send resume in Word or as a PDF file to firstname.lastname@example.org.