Featuring new, revolutionary Target Control™ (TC™) Level 1 Technology. The Zircon® SuperScan™ K3 advanced wall scanner is tuned for wood studs while filtering out metallic false positive objects, such as plumbing, conduit, straps, brackets, or ducts, hiding behind surfaces. The LoLevel™ and MetalliWarning™ Indicators alert to the presence of dangerous, deep, less dense false positives, and metal targets, reducing the chance of accidentally drilling into a piece of metal or plastic pipe. With the addition of Metal Scan mode, users can interactively narrow and map metal in walls, making for a more robust and multifunctional tool.
The SuperScan™ K3 offers four distinct detection modes – TC™, StudScan, DeepScan®, and Metal Scan.
A 3-mode switch makes it easy to toggle between functions, while the ColorTrip® Display conveniently details information. The screen will illuminate pale blue in TC™ mode and indicate the center, edges, and direction of wood studs, while enabling the user to identify clean, ‘safe-to-drill’ zones by utilizing the new ‘Trust but Verify’ technique. When TC™ mode is off, the tool will perform in StudScan mode indicating both wood and metal studs. DeepScan® mode doubles the scanning depth to find wood and metal studs beneath extra layers of drywall or paneling. A dedicated Metal Scan mode helps users identify ferrous metal, such as rebar, and non-ferrous metal, such as copper. The Target Spotlight illuminates on screen and the SpotLite® Pointer shines on the surface being scanned when the center of a stud is found.
- NEW! Target Control™ (TC™) Mode locates the center, edges, and direction of wood studs, and not metal, up to ¾ in. (19 mm) deep behind surfaces. Identifies ‘safe-to-drill’ zones between adjacent drywall screws, nails, and protector plates.
- StudScan Mode locates center, edges, and direction of wood and metal studs up to ¾ in. (19 mm) deep
- DeepScan® Mode doubles the scan depth of wood and metal studs up to 1½ in. (38 mm) deep
- Metal Scan Mode locates ferrous metal up to 3 in. (75 mm) deep and non-ferrous metal up to 1½ in. (38 mm) deep
- WireWarning® Detection alerts to live, unshielded AC wires up to 2 in. (50 mm) deep
- LoLevel™ Indicator displays low (weak) signal objects, such as plastic water pipes, while in TC™ mode
- Signal Strength Indicator helps distinguish between shallow and deep targets while in StudScan and DeepScan® modes
- MetalliWarning™ Indicator turns on when metal is detected in TC™, StudScan, and DeepScan® modes
- ACT™ (Auto Correcting Technology) automatically corrects common errors, such as when scanning begins over a stud
- Target Spotlight illuminates on screen when target is detected
- ColorTrip® Display illuminates pale blue in TC™ mode, green in DeepScan® mode, blue in Metal Scan mode, and red to alert to the presence of live AC electricity
- SpotLite® Pointer shines an arrow-shaped light on the scanned surface to indicate the target location
- “V” marker groove enables accurate marking of target location
- Low Battery Indicator for optimum performance
SuperScan K3 Datasheet