Are you prepared? As storms, hurricanes, and other natural disasters can suddenly wreak havoc in your life, it is a good idea to always be ready.
Here are ten simple tips to keep you and your home and family prepared:
- Refresh batteries in emergency kits yearly.
- Prepare kits for pets.
- Place shoes and kits near/under beds for easy access.
- Securely mount furniture and any objects that can fall or block entry/exit ways.
- Have a small reserve of cash on hand.
- Keep devices charged.
- Keep inventory of battery types/needs for flashlights, radios, etc.
- Have enough water for each person in the family.
- Store canned goods and other non-perishable items.
- Keep your gas tank filled in your car.
Have other emergency preparedness ideas you’d like to share? Visit us on Facebook or engage with us on Twitter. If you have questions on securing your furniture or objects to studs or joists, please let us know. Call our Zircon Tool Pro experts at 1-800-245-9265, Mon – Fri, 8AM – 5 PM PST.