Information we collect
Zircon collects information about you through our Website in several ways. This information is used to provide users with Zircon products and services, to allow us to understand how visitors navigate our Website, and to provide advertising that is relevant to your interests.
You can visit the Website and gather information (“User”) without providing any information, including Personal Information. However, if you choose not to provide Personal Information, we may not be able to provide you with access to, or use of, some of the information relevant to our products and services. As described below, we automatically collect certain information when you use the Website. If you connect to the Website through LinkedIn or other third-party social media, please also see the Social Media Information below.
Information about users
If you upload images to the website, you should avoid uploading images with embedded location data (EXIF GPS) included. Visitors to the website can download and extract any location data from images on the website.
We may collect various types of Personal Information about Users of the Website including:
- Email address
- Information about your interest or use of our products
- Product registration information
- Google+ Account
- Twitter username
We may ask for additional information about our products and how you use them in order to make updates and enhancements to our products that are relevant to our customer community.
From time to time, we may ask our users to participate in surveys. Such surveys may be used to collect Personal Information. Participation in these surveys is completely voluntary; declining to participate will not impact your use of the Website or any of our products.
Other information collected automatically through the Website
We also collect information automatically through the Website. This may include information such as your IP address and domain name, your location as inferred from your IP address, your Internet service provider, the date and time of your visit to the Website, your use of the Website during your current session and over time (including the pages you view and the files you download), the URLs from the websites you visit before and after navigating to the Website, your computer’s or mobile device’s operating system and browser type, and your software and hardware attributes (including device IDs). We collect such information using a variety of mechanisms, including the following:
When you visit the Website, certain information from your computer (or other device) and your browser are captured by the web server. This may include data such as your IP address, the pages you visit or features you use on the Website, and your general geographic location as inferred from your IP address. To obtain such information, we may use server logs or similar applications that recognize your computer or other devices and gather information about their online activity.
These cookies are essential to the functioning of the Website and allow you to interact with and use the features of the site. If these cookies are not permitted by your browser, we will not be able to provide certain features of the Website to you.
If you are concerned about having cookies on your computer, you can set your browser to refuse all cookies or to indicate when a cookie is being set, allowing you to decide whether to accept it. You can also delete cookies from your computer. However, if you choose to block or delete cookies, certain features of the Website may not operate correctly.
The Website may use an application known as a “pixel tag” (also known as a “clear gif” or “web beacon”). A pixel tag is an electronic file that usually consists of a single-pixel image. It can be embedded in a web page or in an email to transmit information, which could include Personal Information. For example, it allows an email sender to determine whether a user has opened a particular email. Deleting or blocking cookies will not stop the collection of information through pixel tags and similar tracking mechanisms. However, as discussed in the section below titled “Third-Party Analytics and Targeted Advertising,” you can take steps to limit how such information is used for advertising purposes. Even in that event, we may continue to use the information for other purposes, including analytics.
We also may use HTML5 local storage to collect and retain certain information about you. Data in local storage is not deleted when you clear your cookies, but it can be deleted by following the instructions provided by your browser developer.
We may partner with certain third parties to collect, analyze, and use some of the Personal Information described above. For example, we may allow third parties to set cookies or use pixel tags on the Website or in email communications from Zircon. This information may be used for a variety of purposes, including analytics and targeted advertising, as described below.
Information collected on third-party sites
How We Use Information
We may use information, including Personal Information, for a variety of purposes, as described below.
We use the Personal Information that we collect about users to:
- Provide company and product information to you and other Users;
- To respond to your requests such as to subscribe you to our product information newsletter;
- Fulfill the terms of any agreement you have with us, respond to your requests, or otherwise complete a transaction that you initiate;
- Communicate with users through email notices, newsletters, and updates, including promotional communications about topics, products, and services that we believe will be of interest to users;
- Engage in analysis and research concerning Zircon’s product offerings, how they are used and enhance the quality of our Website, our products and service offerings;
- Compile and share aggregated information;
- Count and recognize visitors to the Website and analyze how visitors use the Website;
- Engage in analytics or targeted advertising as described in the “Third-Party Analytics and Targeted Advertising” section below; and
- For any other business purpose permitted by law.
If you would not like to receive future promotional e-mails from us, you can follow the instructions in the e-mail to unsubscribe or opt out, and we will take commercially reasonable steps to promptly update your preferences in our system. To stop receiving alerts or notifications that you have configured our products to send, you must change the configuration of such products in accordance with the applicable product documentation. Under California Civil Code Sections 1798.83-1798.84, California residents may contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org to opt-out of disclosure of their Personal Information to third parties for such third parties’ direct marketing purposes.
How We Share Information with Third Parties
We do not share personal information for any commercial or marketing purpose unrelated to the delivery of Zircon products and services. We do not rent or sell our customer lists. The following are limited situations where we may share information with third parties, including Personal Information, for the purposes described below.
Third-party service providers
We also may share your information, including Personal Information, with our business partners to fulfill your requests for the products and services; complete a transaction that you initiate; or meet the terms of any agreement that you have with us or our business partners. For example, at a upon a customer’s registration of a product online, we may share the customer’s contact information and resume directly with a third-party business partner rather than through the Website.
We also may use or share your information, including Personal Information with third parties when we believe, in our sole discretion, that doing so is necessary:
- To comply with applicable law or a court order, subpoena, request from government or law enforcement, or other legal process;
- To investigate, prevent, or take action regarding illegal activities, suspected fraud, violations of our terms and conditions, or situations involving threats to our property or the property or physical safety of any person or third party;
- To establish, protect, or exercise our legal rights or defend against legal claims; or
- To facilitate the financing, securitization, insuring, merger, acquisition, sale, assignment, bankruptcy, or other disposal of all or part of our business or assets. In the event of an actual sale, merger, reorganization, dissolution or similar event relating to all or a portion of our business or assets, your information, including Personal Information, may be part of the transferred assets.
De-identified or aggregated information
We also may compile and share de-identified or aggregated information about users of the Website, such as by publishing a report on trends in the usage of the Website or sharing aggregated information about historical and real-time trends in our industry or related industries. We also may share de-identified or aggregated information about the numbers, types, or origins of users who submit job applications on the sites of our business partners or who click on business partners’ links on the Website (such as a blog post or news article).
Third-Party Analytics and Targeted Advertising
We partner with certain third parties to collect information and use it to engage in analytics, auditing, research, and reporting. These third parties may use web logs, pixel tags, or similar online tracking mechanisms, and they may set and access cookies on your computer or other device.
The Website also may enable third-party tracking mechanisms to collect information about your use of the offerings or the Website to help target advertisements unrelated to Zircon based on your online behavior in general. For information about behavioral advertising practices, including privacy and confidentiality, visit the Network Advertising Initiative website or the Digital Advertising Alliance website.
Zircon uses physical, electronic, and procedural safeguards to protect your information against loss or unauthorized access, use, modification, or deletion. However, no security program is 100% secure, and thus we cannot guarantee the absolute security of your information.
Your choices and access to information
You have the following choices with respect to your Personal Information:
- The right to access your personal data
- The right to update your personal data by emailing us or, where appropriate, amending the personal details contained in your registered account with us. If practically possible, we will make corrections (where appropriate) based on your updated information
- The right to withdraw your consent, or to data portability, with respect to data that is collected on the basis of your consent
- The right to request erasure of your data or object to its processing
- The right to lodge a complaint with us or, as applicable, with a supervisory authority
- If you want to learn more about the Personal Information that Zircon has about you, or you would like to exercise your choices regarding your Personal Information, including updating or changing that information, please contact us by email at email@example.com by mail at the address in the “Questions or Comments” section below.
- If you no longer want to receive marketing communications from Zircon, please follow the “unsubscribe” instructions that are included at the bottom of each message. Please note that if you unsubscribe from our marketing communications, you will still receive administrative messages.
Transfer of information to the United States of America
The Website is not directed to children under the age of 13, and Zircon does not knowingly collect Personal Information or other Information from anyone under the age of 13.
Third-party links, websites and apps
We do not knowingly collect, and we ask that you not send us, and you not disclose, any sensitive Personal Information on or through the Website. Such information includes, but is not limited to, social security numbers, financial account information (except for payment information as required), and information related to or revealing racial or ethnic origin, political opinions, religion or other beliefs, health, criminal background, or trade union membership.
Contact information; questions or comments
Legal Department, 1580 Dell Ave., Campbell, CA 95008