Spring is just around the corner and this is an excellent time to gear up for new home sales. According to professional home stagers and real estate agents, homeowners need to be saucy about their home remodeling and even staging their home for a quicker resale.
Here are some handy tips to spruce up your home and place it in tip-top shape for market sale.
1. Clean up those dishwashers – The dishwasher is often one of the most used appliances in the house. Make sure that the filter and drains of your dishwasher are clean and free of buildup. If it is clogged, overflows maybe an eminent risk. To alleviate the risk of flooding, place an electronic water detector near, or under, the dishwasher. It can also help detect overflows in sinks, washing machines, or refrigerators.
2. Bring the Light in – Lighting has the ability to make or break a room and its functionality is equally important. If a room feels incomplete or underlit, an inexpensive light fixture can truly make a difference. A showstopping chandelier can stop prospective buyers in their spot whereas pendant or recessed lighting can provide just the right amount of understated ambience. A multifunction wall scanner is the perfect tool to find the ceiling joist to securely mount a light fixture, fan, or even a projector to bring a room together.
3. Get New Perspective – Making a room feel new again doesn’t require heavy renovations. Cleaning or replacing an older carpet can be enough to breathe new life into a room. Consider changing the orientation of your furniture which will bring a new perspective to the living space.
4. Welcome Bright Colors – With winter finally over, make sure to spruce up the walls a little with a new paint job. Think about colors that are bright and vibrant, such as Sherwin-Williams Coral Reef to truly reflect the end of a dull, bleak winter.
5. Say Goodbye to Clutter– A big part of preparing a house to be sold is to make sure that people feel they have a perfect space to display their things and store items that could be an eyesore. Ensure you anchor your storage unit or cabinets to a wall stud. A stud finder is an ideal way to find the studs to mount the shelving units you think are best.
6. Inspect Once, then Work. While preparing a house is a lot of work, it doesn’t have to be done more than once. Make sure that you research the types of inspections that need to be done and do your best to fulfill their requirements ahead of time. Think also of how best to stage your home for maximum impact. Even if you don’t repaint the house, a touch up here and there can make all the difference in the eyes of the buyer. Don’t just focus on the inside; the outside of the house is the first thing your potential buyer will see. Make sure that your lawn and greenery are trimmed and orderly.
With Spring right around the corner this is no time to slack off. It’s time to shake off the hibernation and get to work to make your house the most sought after on the block.
Have a home staging tip idea you’d like to share? Use hashtag #zirconmade on Facebook, Instagram, or Twitter for a chance to be featured on our page. For answers on how to best secure your decor to studs or joists or safeguard your items from water damage, call our Zircon Tool Pro experts at 1-800-245-9265, Mon – Fri, 8AM – 5 PM PST.