Featuring new, revolutionary Target Control™ (TC™) Level 1 Technology. The Zircon® SuperScan™ K1 advanced stud finder is tuned to find wood studs while filtering out metallic false positive objects, such as plumbing, conduit, straps, brackets, or ducts, hidden behind surfaces. The LoLevel™ Indicator signals to the presence of dangerous, deep, and less dense false positive targets, reducing the chance of accidentally drilling into objects such as plastic pipes.
The SuperScan™ K1 offers two distinct detection modes – TC™ and StudScan. The ColorTrip® Display conveniently details information. The screen will illuminate blue in TC™ mode and indicate the center, edges, and direction of wood studs while also enabling the user to identify clean, ‘safe-to-drill’ zones by utilizing the new ‘Trust but Verify’ technique. When TC™ mode is off, the tool will perform in StudScan mode indicating the center, edges, and direction of both wood and metal studs. The Target Spotlight illuminates on screen and the SpotLite® Pointer shines on the surface being scanned when the center of a stud is found.
- NEW! Target Control™ (TC™) Mode locates the center, edges, and direction of wood studs, and not metal, up to ¾ in. (19 mm) deep. Identifies ‘safe-to-drill’ zones between adjacent drywall screws, nails, or protector plates.
- StudScan Mode locates center, edges, and direction of wood and metal studs up to ¾ in. (19 mm) deep
- WireWarning® Detection continuously alerts to the presence of live, unshielded AC wires up to 2 in. (50 mm) deep
- LoLevel™ Indicator displays low (weak) signal objects, such as plastic water pipes while in TC™ mode
- Signal Strength Indicator helps distinguish between shallow and deep targets while in StudScan mode
- ACT™ (Auto Correcting Technology) automatically corrects common errors, such as when scanning begins over a stud
- Target Spotlight illuminates on screen when stud center is detected
- ColorTrip® Display illuminates blue in TC™ mode
- SpotLite® Pointer shines an arrow-shaped light on the scanned surface to indicate the center of a stud
- “V” marker groove enables accurate marking of stud location
- Low Battery Indicator for optimum performance
SuperScan™ K1 Instructions SuperScan™ K1 Datasheet