Featuring new, revolutionary Target Control™ (TC™) Level 1 Technology. The Zircon® SuperScan™ K2 advanced stud finder is tuned to find wood studs while filtering out metallic false positive objects, such as plumbing, conduit, straps, brackets, or ducts, hiding behind surfaces. The LoLevel™ Detector and MetalliWarning™ detect the presence of dangerous, deep, less dense false positives, and metal targets, reducing the chance of accidentally drilling into a piece of metal or plastic pipe. With the addition of Zircon’s proprietary DeepScan® mode, users can increase scanning power when necessary, making for a more robust and multifunctional tool.
The SuperScan K2 offers three distinct detection modes – TC™, StudScan, and DeepScan®. A 2-mode switch makes it easy to toggle between functions, while the ColorTrip® Display conveniently details information. The screen illuminates pale blue in TC™ mode and locates the center, edges, and direction of wood studs, while also enabling the user to identify clean, ‘safe-to-drill’ zones by utilizing the new ‘Trust but Verify’ technique. When TC™ mode is off, the tool will perform in StudScan mode indicating the center, edges, and direction of both wood and metal studs. DeepScan® mode doubles the scanning depth to reach deeper targets beneath extra layers of drywall or paneling. The Target Spotlight illuminates on screen when the center of a stud is found and SpotLite® Pointer shines on the scanned surface.
- NEW! Target Control™ (TC™) Mode locates the center, edges, and direction of wood studs, and not metal, up to ¾ in. (19 mm) deep behind surfaces. Identifies ‘safe-to-drill’ zones between adjacent drywall screws, nails, or protector plates.
- StudScan Mode locates center, edges, and direction of wood and metal studs up to ¾ in. (19 mm) deep
- DeepScan® Mode doubles the scan depth of wood and metal studs up to 1½ in. (38 mm) deep
- WireWarning® Detection alerts to live, unshielded AC wires up to 2 in. (50 mm) deep
- LoLevel™ Detector displays low (weak) signal objects, such as plastic water pipes while in TC™ mode
- Signal Strength Indicator helps distinguish between shallow and deep targets while in StudScan and DeepScan® modes
- MetalliWarning™ turns on when metal objects are detected in all modes
- ACT™ (Auto Correcting Technology) automatically corrects common errors, such as when scanning begins over a stud
- Target Spotlight illuminates on screen when stud center is detected
- ColorTrip® Display illuminates pale blue in TC™ mode, green in DeepScan® mode, and red to alert the presence of live AC electricity
- SpotLite® Pointer shines an arrow-shaped light on the scanned surface to indicate the center of a stud
- “V” marker groove enables accurate marking of stud location
- Low Battery Indicator for optimum performance
- 9V alkaline battery required, not included
SuperScan™ K2 Instructions SuperScan™ K2 Datasheet SuperScan™ Kx Brochure